My intentions when I first started blogging was to at the very least post something one time per week. It's Saturday morning, cold, windy, and snowy. We've probably all heard it this past few weeks that everyone is so tired of the winter weather thus far. And to think it's still January, I do believe we have lots of cold and snow left to go. But on the bright side, look at that sun shining out there....something a bit inspiring, which is also a plus anytime of the year!
During this type of weather when we are "stuck" indoors more often, try to take the time to do the things you would like to see happen in your life. I have always enjoyed writing, in fact I was asked to write children's books many years ago (which didn't happen, lol), but I have had a few poems published in a few different books. I recently discovered when participating in a Bible study this past year, my urge to write became more and more. I still would like to write a book someday, which I have probably already told you, but as of lately, had the desire to start out by writing about my floral business, and things that inspire me. I decided to see where my writing would lead from there.
This type of weather stirs up memories of years past...like the year my dad passed away. It was also a cold and blustering January in 1999. He was out shoveling snow, his place and the neighbors at his apartment complex. One of the neighbors later found him slumped over in the front seat of his pickup. He evidently felt the heart attack coming on while out shoveling. My dad was 81, but you would never have guessed it. He still walked two miles a day, had coffee with the guys every morning, and was so energetic (for 81). He was quite the character....you know, you could ask him, "hey, what ya up to dad"....he would say "five foot ten". "Very funny dad".......he always told us kids to "save your money, save your money", but he would never let you leave the house without any. He was a saver...always bought his new trucks with cash. Gee, I wished I would have listened a little bit 'closer'. It's never too late though to begin saving. He used to have a mayonnaise jar with his stash money in the bottom drawer of the fridge...that's where he saved his money. He said if the house ever burnt down, the money would still be safe. Anyway, it's amazing how fast things can happen, because on the Saturday prior to him dying on a Monday, we were all at a family birthday party having so much fun.
My point is, do the things that inspire you, and the things that make you happy. I know we always need to wait on God's timing, but He knows the desires of your heart. If writing is your passion, or if having a small floral business is your passion (like me), who knows where it will take me someday. It's all in the desires of your heart...and your determination to make it happen. When I was first starting up my business, I had a few people with words that inspired me to not give up, because at first, I was wondering if I was doing the right thing. A prior boss of mine where I had worked told me "don't ever underestimate yourself" when discussing my doubts with him...."Thanks Doug." I have that quote hanging above my shop door as a reminder to myself.....and a friend of mine at church told me, "Sandy, there are people out there who will always depend on people like you in their time of need." "Thanks Lewis, I really needed to hear that." There are others who, if they believe in you, will always be there to inspire and encourage you.
My hopes are that you all have a very blessed day...hoping the 'son' shines in your heart!
:) you are wonderful Sandy :) I love reading your blog. Keep being as amazing as you are. So glad we are sisters in Christ ♡♥
ReplyDeleteThank you Jamie....that is so sweet of you :) Your words of inspiration mean a lot to me as well, so keep on writing . . . Blessings to you!
Delete