I can hardly wait to get into my flower gardens...and add to them. Yep, in my opinion, we can never have too many flowers. I just love seeing one more sprout pop through the earth and wonder what it was I planted in that spot. But, when it comes to flowers, I like surprises. Some years I have things grow, and didn’t even remember planting it. A lot of my flower gardens are starts from friends, family, flea markets, greenhouses, plant swaps...you name it! I do believe that with all this snow, it will produce the most lovely of gardens we can ever imagine. I can’t think of any other reason why we get so much snow in the first place, so I’m thinking it’s to our gardens’ benefit :)
When new sprouts appear in the spring, it reminds me of our faith. I don’t know about you, but sometimes we get settled in our ‘old ways’, and forget that there is always something new waiting to sprout up in our lives…. It may appear as though it is something bad (like a weed), but come to find out, it really will turn into an amazing beautiful flower if you just give it time, and believe that it will. My husband says all flowers are weeds, (boooo)….little does he know that I even adore some of those ‘real weeds’ that produce beautiful flowers. Last year, there was a “weed” growing in one my gardens, and he said, “you know that’ a weed don’t you”? I said, “well, it has a flower on it, how can it be a weed”? I left it grow, until it got so tall, it began to fall over...I enjoyed it’s beauty for a long while...yes, I saw the beauty even though ‘he’ thought it was a weed.
On this rainy February morning, I would just like to lend to you a little reminder, that even though I tend to forget sometimes myself, I believe occasionally seeing a ’weed’ is sometimes God’s way of telling us to look for the beauty in it, because it may just begin to produce the flower you were patiently waiting for afterall.
Blessings to you, and hope your 'weeds' turn into blossoms. . . . Sandy
No comments:
Post a Comment