Isaiah 55:10-11
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
Doesn't that give you the chills? (no pun intended) Although we would like to be in control of the weather and a lot of other things, we need to stop and remember Who is. We need to trust in the One and only. As I reflect on trust, I remember giving my mom a pendant one year for Mother's Day. I had it engraved with the words "Trust in Him"..... Psalm 62:8. Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge. If only we could always remember to go to Him, not only in times of trouble, but at all times, to glorify Him for all that He provides for us.
As we all think about Valentine's Day approaching this week, what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Valentine's Day? Myself, I think of a heart....MY heart....and I wouldn't be who I am, if it was not for God being in it. (Whoa.... I didn't even plan that....I just had one of those moments, but as you can see, the pendant I gave my Mom is heart-shaped)........and it just so happens (truly), I was going through my wallet today, and came across a card that my daughter had given me years ago. (you see, I've been trying for 4 or 5 days to find the right words to say in this post, and it all came together today). The card is entitled:
"A Woman's Heart.....God's Home" along with this verse:
Ephesians 3:17...That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith.
A special gift! A work of art!
God's dwelling in a Woman's heart.
All those around know that he lives there
Because she shows them Jesus' care.
....that (God) would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit....Ephesians 3:16
I don't think it's coincidence that I came across that card. That was a God thing...He can speak to us in all kinds of ways. I've been praying a lot this past few weeks for God to strengthen me in all things, but most importantly, my patience. Don't you just love God for all He does in your life? Sometimes it is so hard to imagine my life without Him. Don't you just wonder what He has in store for you next? That's where the "patience" thing comes into play for me. I've gotten better, but alot farther to go, and if you ask my family about my patience....well, maybe you better not.....LOL..... Sometimes I want things to happen right now, but I have to remember it doesn't always work that way. Are you like that?
"Lord, I want to thank you today for inspiring me and bringing me the words to write, so in return, I can help inspire someone else today, someone who is going through a circumstance that maybe they see no end to. But Lord, with You, all things are possible, (Matthew 19:26) and with You, I put my trust. (Psalm 56:3) Amen....."
Until my next post, please remember that when life gets to hard to stand, kneel.
From my heart to yours......wishing you an awesome week,
filled with God's love!!
~Sandy~


