It’s 6:15 on a Wednesday morning….my heart is filled with so much emotion this morning. I have dedicated the past hour in prayer. Desires are laid upon my heart, and my goal for each day is for God to bring people across my path, at least one person across my path each day in which I am able to inspire. I search for my spiritual gift. I can’t help but think that it is to be an encourager, to be an inspiration to others. I ask God to lead me, and to bring into my heart what I need to know in order to honor and glorify Him each and every day. I do that everyday.
There are so many people who are searching, and hurting, and wondering what their purpose is on this earth. What we desire our plans to be, may not be the same as what God has already laid out for us. Sometimes we just need to drop to our knees and ask Him what He desires from each of us. He will bring it to you, just like the words that I’m trying to convey to you. Even as I write this, I ask God to place the right words in my heart so that I can transfer them in writing. I was asked just last evening when I will be blogging next. I stated that hopefully it will be sometime this week. Little did I know that it would be 10 hours later.
It’s been a while ago….but a person who we know won a large amount of money from purchasing a lottery ticket. Then a week later, he won more. Someone stated to me, “wonder when our ship is going to come in”. My answer is this… “the ship has been at the dock for a long time waiting for you to get on . . . you have to get on the boat if you want to go somewhere”.
You know what pleasures my heart? I pray prayers each and everyday, and even throughout the day, that God answers them. You see, that is my desire (my plan), that the prayers I pray will change the lives of others, to fulfill the desires of their hearts, and even my own. But it is now in God’s timing, or His will to bring them to light.
I was speaking to my daughter a few weeks ago as I was in the salon getting my nails and hair done. I told her, “I am so ready for a change”. She asked, “with your hair”? I said, “no, in my life, I just need a change, I don’t know what, but I feel I need a change”. But after last evening’s Bible Study, I realize that we all need change. We all have desires in our hearts for change, and I can’t help but think that we long for God to move in our lives. And as I stated a few weeks ago, and what was said again last evening, that waiting on God’s timing is the hardest. Sometimes I feel, and a lot of others might feel, that it’s like sitting at the bus stop waiting for the bus. It will show up sooner or later, but sometimes we just get so frustrated waiting.
Our lives each and everyday feel so repetitious….the same old, same old. But it doesn’t have to feel old. We can put our hearts into action to change it. I remember one day at a church I formally attended. The pastor was speaking about asking Christ into your heart. He said, “sure, you can ask Christ into your heart, but you also have to do your part in making things happen”. The same as what was stated last evening….you first ask, seek, then knock……. “Ask, and you shall receive; Seek, and you shall find; Knock, and it shall be opened to you” . . . Matthew 7:7
Waiting is hard! Patience is something a lot us don’t have enough of. There are so many things, that if you are determined for it to come to light, you have to be determined to work at it, and pray about it, and have the faith that it will happen. It may be 3 days, 3 weeks, or 30 years. But when it does, you will discover what God has put you here for, what your purpose has been all along.
I challenge you today: “When you bow down, and admit your dependence upon Him, He will lift you up and give you Honor” . . . James 4:10
One last note, when all else fails, it’s probably because you haven’t allowed Christ to take the lead. May God lay His hand upon you, wrap His arms around you, and lift YOU up.
Lord Bless You All,
Sandy
Sandy thank you for sharing this with us. You have a gift with words and it a spiritual gift for sure for you. Like you, prayer pleasures my heart. I love praying and spend a lot of time with God. I pray God takes the lead in all of our lives and we will be good I know.
ReplyDeleteThanks friend. xoxo
Really needed to hear this!! Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDelete