Tuesday, September 30, 2014

 
It has been so long since posting.  When first starting my blog site, I had decided to post at least once per month.  But looking back, it’s been several months.  This is only because we have had such a wonderful summer.  Even in all it’s busyness, it has been an absolutely enjoyable one.  Working in the shop on weddings and craft projects, swimming, gardening, mowing, babysitting, ballgames, get-togethers, exercising . . . along with all the other everyday lists
of keeping the home duties on track. 
 
Although it is enjoyable at the moment, sometimes being so busy can give you the feeling of being out of balance?  There are so many things on the list to do...people to see, places to go, projects to accomplish.  Life gets really busy sometimes, and the things that are on the top of our priority list, somehow end up being on the bottom.  Sometimes you just have to say enough is enough, put on the brakes,
and pray for God to help you on your 'trapeze of life'.
 
But all in all, what a beautiful summer it has been.  Although it seems as though it just started, before you know it, here it is….FALL already!  But hasn’t the weather been absolutely gorgeous?  The sunrises and sunsets have been so beautiful.  And the blue skies and big, poofy clouds have been plentiful.  I just love the clouds.  I could just sit and stare at them all the time, waiting for them to take on a new shape.  Did you ever play that game when you were young?  We would always sit on the front porch and watch all the clouds take on a new form.  Sometimes others couldn’t see it, but that is what was so fun about it, trying to explain our cloud to everyone.  By the time you’re done trying to explain it, the cloud shape would be gone.  HA! 
 
 

 
The discussion at Bible Study last week was based on our spiritual gifts.  Have you ever thought about what your spiritual gift is?  Not what you are talented at, but the gift God gave especially to you, for you.
(I Corinthians 12).
 
At the end of the meeting, we were asked what we would like to focus on for our next meeting.  One of the members suggested that we set a goal for ourselves, and to try our best to accomplish it.  Thanks Janelle!!
 
I love to write...not really sure if it’s my spiritual gift, but it is something I’m passionate about. Like I said before, it’s been quite a few months since posting my last blog….so what better goal to set for myself this week than to post an updated one….something that is absolutely enjoyable to me, but mainly to encourage and inspire others.  God wants us to not only use our spiritual gifts, but to use our talents enthusiastically.  My hopes is that my writings
convey some kind of message to you, which inspires and possibly lifts you up.
 
Kind of like what the clouds do for me.  When the clouds are in all their awesomeness, I can’t help but be lifted up and inspired by God’s amazing works of art in the skies.  Sometimes when watching the skies, I actually say outloud to Him, “how do you do that God”?  God is simply amazing. Even if it’s a cloud taking on a shape that maybe only I can understand.
Sometimes you don’t have to explain it to anyone,
because you know in your heart what it means to you.
 
 
While in the midst of writing this, and just for fun, I took an online test to find out “What is the color of my Aura”.  In doing so, I ended up being Pink.
It went on to explain that PINK is:
 
Love, sincerity, affection and generosity are perfect words to describe you. Your pink aura indicates that you've achieved a perfect balance between your spiritual and material existence. You love to be surrounded by friends and family. You love to love and to be loved, while you hate conflicts and arguments. You take care of your body and spread a positive and healing energy to those around you. The pink aura is very rare, so is the person who has it.
I would like to think that this is the kind of person I am, and hope that others do too.  
We are all gifted with some kind of talent, some of us have more than one talent, things that we are really confident doing, and feel we are especially good at. And, we all have a spiritual gift.  Do you feel it’s possible to have more than one spiritual gift?  Have you wondered why God designed you the way He did?  What is your purpose on this earth?
 
Romans 8:28  "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them. "
 
 
 
May God's blessings poor down upon you today!
- Sandy -
 
 
 
 

 

 





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment